In a world where social media constantly adds features to gain popularity and more contacts, Instagram has been more successful as one of the most popular platforms with billions of users.
We agree that Instagram is a great tool for communication and business growth and a great resource for learning various skills. Still, it can inadvertently become a black hole that consumes your precious time.
Constantly watching posts, stories, and loops can waste many hours of your day. To save time, you should learn to use smart tricks that make time management. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll cover five tried-and-true strategies to help you avoid wasting your time on Instagram.
Why should we manage our time when using Instagram?
Before we learn the most important ways to manage time on Instagram, let’s talk about why time management is important on this platform. Excessive use of Instagram can have adverse effects on various aspects of life. This can lead to decreased productivity, disrupted sleep patterns, and reduced feelings of well-being.
In addition, using Instagram can easily become a trivial habit where you spend many hours of the day looking at photos and videos. By implementing the following five tricks, you’ll regain control of your Instagram usage and ensure it becomes a great tool instead of a waste of time and even money.
Five ways to reduce your Instagram time
1- Turn off unnecessary notifications
One of the reasons you might be tempted to check your Instagram is the constant barrage of notifications. Every new like, comment, or follower makes you enter this program. Imagine if the people you follow post many photos and videos daily; what will happen? You should always check for new posts.
Consider the following steps to turn off unnecessary notifications
- Open the Instagram app and go to your profile by tapping your profile picture in the lower right corner.
- In the upper right corner of your profile, you will see three horizontal lines.
- Tap on them to access the menu. Scroll down and select “Settings”.
- Tap on Notifications. In the Notifications menu, you can customize the types of notifications you want to receive. Then, turn off notifications for likes, comments, and other unnecessary alerts.
2- Save your favorite posts and watch them later
Do you agree that Instagram is a treasure of exciting and new content?
But millions of new posts are published every second, and you may miss seeing the posts you are interested in. Instead of aimlessly scrolling through the app, you can save your favorite posts to revisit later.
This feature is especially useful for tutorials, recipes, or any content you want to refer to for reference.
Here are the steps on how to save a post on Instagram
- Find the post you want to save.
- Below the post, you will see a bookmark icon resembling a ribbon.
- Tap to save the post.
- To access your saved posts, tap your profile picture, then tap the three horizontal lines in the top right corner and select “Saved.”
- Using this simple trick, you can curate a collection of content that you’re interested in. As a result, you don’t need to visit many posts to watch them again forcefully.
3- Limit your screen time
Did you know Instagram offers a built-in feature to adjust your screen time?
If you have noticed that you are spending more time on Instagram than you want, use this feature. If you use more than the limit, the display time limit will act as a warning for you.
How to set a daily time limit on Instagram
- Run the Instagram app and go to your profile.
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner, then select Your Activity.
- In the “Your Activity” section, you can set a daily time limit for using your Instagram.
- Once the set time limit is reached, Instagram will notify you and gently remind you to take a break.
4- Use Data Saver to upload content faster
Uploading photos and videos to Instagram can be very time-consuming, especially if you have a weak internet connection. To save time and minimize time, you can use Data Server.
How to activate Data Saver on Instagram
- Open the Instagram app and go to your profile.
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner, then select “Settings.”
- Scroll down and tap on ‘Account’.
- Select “Mobile data usage.”Change the “Data Saver” option.
- Instagram will do this by enabling Data Saver.
By enabling Data Saver, Instagram automatically reduces the quality of images and videos when using mobile data. This setting results in faster uploads and ensures you can share your content more effectively and save time.
5- Use automated messages for new followers
If you have a business activity on Instagram and many people follow you, managing the messages of new followers can be exhausting and time-consuming.
To simplify this process and to interact with old contacts and new contacts added to your page, enable automatic messages.
Here are the steps for setting up automatic messages on Instagram
- Access your Instagram profile.
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner, then select “Settings.”Scroll down and tap on “Business”.
- In the “Business” section, select “Quick Replies” to create predefined messages to send new followers.
With its vast potential for communication, creativity, and branding, Instagram can be a powerful tool for all kinds of communication. Still, if used inappropriately, it is a serious threat to waste time.
By combining the five specialized tricks we explained in this guide, you can control your use of Instagram and make your time in this program useful and practical.
These simple yet effective strategies will help you regain your precious time and ensure that the moments you are in the program are useful and functional. So, start using these tricks today to maximize your Instagram performance.